HOW WE WORK
We practice an investment
philosophy that can be summed up by a few
simple rules. We do not just pay lip service to these ideas, we try to
incorporate them into every major decision we make.
1) Bet the Jockey, Not the Horse - We've learned that the character
and integrity of the people involved with a business directly
to the profitability of the endeavor. The single most
important factor in
all of our investments is the quality of the company's
2) Be Honest - Not just with investors, but yourself. This also
must manage expectations both yours and those who are
Be confident in your own strengths, but know where someone
work more effectively.
3) You Build the Rocket Ship, We'll Provide the Fuel - We invest in
who not only have vision, but are willing to roll up thier
execute their ideas. We are very active in assisting
management, but we
are not managers.
4) We Believe in Enlightened Self-Interest - The idea that we only benefit
if you do as well. We align ourselves with those that will
listen to our
advice, not because we think we are so smart, but because we
companies and shareholders interests at heart.
5) Bring Home Whoever Brought You the Dance - Loyalty and trust are
the foundations of any lasting relationship. This is why
referrals are highly
valued and why we are extremely careful with our own